A BRITISH expat facing up to 20 years in jail for allegedly murdering his wife claims she died in a bizarre sex game.
Warren Lyttle, 51, was arrested last January after admitting killing his wife Lisa Jane, 49.
Prosecutors in Spain are treating the mother-of-one’s death as murder, although car salesman Lyttle is adamant she choked during a consensual sex game.
The trial will take place in Palma, with prosecutors seeking a 20-year sentence for Lyttle, who had lived near Magaluf for a decade.
Lisa Jane was killed on January 23, with her husband calling police and emergency services immediately afterwards.
A protest by 300 people was held in Calvia on the day of the Londoner’s death.
Lisa Jane, who lived in London, had arrived in Mallorca two days before she died and was said to have a stormy relationship with her husband.
However, Lyttle’s mother Joan insisted it was not so bad. “We don’t know how this could have happened. There were no problems in the marriage as far as we knew. They were happy.”
A date has not yet been set for the trial.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00