ACCORDING to official figures released by the National Ministry of Development, the value of home sales in the Balearics by foreign buyers last year exceeded €1.6 billion, making 2016 a record breaking year.
The figures represent a 50% increase on the previous two years. The southwest is of course in greatest demand due to ease of access, infrastructure, sea views and weather.
The strongest interest and price increases being for sea view properties, with transactions in the southwest hitting some €740 million, a value exceeding the total of all sales in Ibiza.
Average property purchase prices increased over the past year by 21% from around €1.7 million to €2.1 million. All quite astounding figures for our relatively small island!
So to focus on where the value is still at – it is definitely inland, with prices only slowly increasing by comparison to the sea view variety, yet this is still where the real Mallorca is to be found, far away from the ‘madding crowds’.
My showcase choices this week are: A nicely presented Townhouse in Alaro (centre/northwest), offering four bedrooms, including a guest-house, garden and roof terrace.
Build size 198 m², on a plot of 204 m², double-glazed with wood-burning stove and only a five minute walk to the village square. Price: €410.000, Ref: 17010.
The second is a rather lovely country finca on the outskirts of Es Capdella (southwest) offering 290 m² of living area, on a plot of 11.000 m².
There are four beds including a separate guest house, open plan country kitchen, lounge, dining room, and beautiful pool area with delightful countryside views. Price: €1.795.000, Ref: 17003.
For enquiries please go to www.mjcassociates.net, email@example.com or tel: 690075169 Amanda J Butler
- Summer heat and an Ibiza-style property are the hot topics with Amanda Butler - 8 Jul, 2018 @ 12:16
- MARCH INTO SPRING: Wealthy buyers are still flocking to Mallorca, writes Amanda Butler - 13 Mar, 2018 @ 09:49
- Number One! Why Mallorca really is the best place to live in the world writes Amanda Butler - 23 Jan, 2018 @ 11:45
- Olive Press property expert Amanda Bulter brings in the New Year - 12 Jan, 2018 @ 12:00
- Finding the great escape, writes Amanda Butler - 27 Dec, 2017 @ 17:40
- ‘Tis the season for reflection, writes property expert Amanda Butler - 14 Dec, 2017 @ 15:43
- Artà is largely unaffected by mass tourism and could be perfect for tranquil home, writes Amanda Butler - 27 Oct, 2017 @ 15:27
- As Mallorca summer crowds fade, property expert Amanda Butler looks ahead to 2018 - 13 Oct, 2017 @ 13:33
- Pottery, vineyards and cotton weaving – Santa Maria is steeped in Mallorca tradition - 29 Sep, 2017 @ 14:11
- The ‘prettiest village in Spain’ is a perfect spot for a Mallorca home - 25 Sep, 2017 @ 16:40