THE Conservatives have failed to reach an overall majority in the snap UK general election.
In a shocking result, incumbent Prime Minister Theresa May will fall short of the 328 seats needed to form a government.
With around 17 seats still left to be declared, Labour have won 258 seats to the Conservatives’ 306.
The Liberal Democrats have won 12 seats while UKIP were wiped out, gaining 0 seats.
There are now calls for May to resign after her decision to call the election has massively backfired.
Hopes of a Tory landslide were dashed early on as it became clear that ex-UKIP voters were not automatically voting blue as predicted.
In a dramatic night, several Conservative ministers lost their seats, including Ben Gummer, who helped write the brexit manifesto.
Housing minister Gavin Barwell lost in Croydon Central and Jane Ellison lost her 8,000 majority in Battersea.
Home Secretary Amber Rudd held onto her seat in Hastings by around 250 votes after having two recounts.
The Conservatives may be able to form a government if they can form a coalition with Northern Ireland’s DUP.
May has now returned to Downing Street.
After winning her seat in Maidenhead, the PM said ‘whatever the results are, the Conservative party will do its duty to ensure stability.’
Corbyn has called for her resignation.
More to follow..
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16