A PETITION has been launched to give a Spaniard who died defending a woman with his skateboard during the recent London terror attacks a George Cross medal.
The Change.org petition asks that the Queen of England bestows the honour on Ignacio Echeverria, who died trying to protect a woman from one of the terrorists.
The petition reads: “Mr. Echeverría, a bank worker originally from Las Rozas near Madrid, was on his way home when he stepped in to protect the woman in the London attacks at London Bridge (Sunday 4th, 2017) minutes after a van carrying the terrorists ploughed into pedestrians.
“We ask that Mr. Echeverría is awarded with this high honour after he braverly ald selflessly fought off the attackers to defend others in such a dire moment.
“The George Cross (GC) is the second highest award of the United Kingdom honours system. It is awarded to members of the British armed forces, to British civilians and to members of the Commonwealth, but we ask to make an exception. It has always been able to be awarded posthumously.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16