THERESA May has said her Brexit plan remains unchanged despite mounting setbacks.
It comes after it was revealed that her Queen’s Speech, which was meant to take place on Monday, has now been delayed.
A date for the State Opening of Parliament will be announced later today as May attempts to get her plan for government together following a humiliating defeat in last week’s snap election.
The setback comes as she is still attempting to secure a deal with the Northern Irish DUP, without whose support she does not have enough seats to form a majority government.
The Brexit talks, due to begin on Monday, will now have to start at a later date too.
Brexit secretary David Davis has said the negotiations will begin at some point next week.
“It’s in the week of next week, basically, is the first discussions,” Davis told Sky News.
“It may not be on the Monday because we’ve also got the Queen’s Speech that week and I will have to speak in that and so on.”
May’s official spokesman claimed the Government’s plans were intact during a press conference this morning.
He said: “What was clear in the referendum campaign was that what the British people voted for was to take control of their money, their borders and their laws.
“That is what we are delivering.”
Meanwhile, Conservatives are said to be demanding that May may revisit her hard approach to Brexit.
DUP leader Arlene Foster is due in Downing Street on Tuesday, when the Prime Minister will seek to iron out what the controversial party wants in return for supporting her programme.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03