A BRITISH mum on holiday in Mallorca almost had her baby snatched from her by a mystery woman, she has said.
Blaise Deacon claims the woman tried to take her 23-month-old daughter Darcie from the HYB Eurocalas Hotel in Calas de Mallorca while her partner was in the toilet.
Ms Deacon, from Kent, said the woman came up to her around 11pm on Saturday night and put her arms round the child.
“The lady put her arms around her telling us that she was taking her. But I held on tight as my sister told her no. When the women realised she wasn’t getting her she took off running,” she said.
“I chased her and she ran out of the hotel into a car.”
She described the woman as blonde with dark skin, with police now investigating the claims.
The family returned to the UK on Tuesday.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00