AN architect has revealed plans for Torremolinos’ multi-million euro rejuvenation project.
Malaga-based Salvador Moreno Peralta presented his ideas for the Plaza Costa del Sol and a section of the Avenida Palma de Mallorca.
The plans extend over 8,000 square metres, and will cost €3.8 million in total.
The works, which will include the restoration of Maria Barrabino house, are set to begin in October, and will be completed by next summer.
Mayor Jose Ortiz said that the project will highlight the centre’s ‘history, its relationship with water, its springs and mills.’
The pedestrianisation of the plaza has been one of his aims since he entered into office in 2015.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33