A NEW weekly car boot sale has opened in Mijas.
Held every Sunday opposite Aladin’s in La Cala, pitches are being offered at a special rate of just €10.
“A classic car boot sale followed by fabulous fish and chips across the road, what better for a Sunday?” said Chug, one of the organisers.
The local livewire and his wife Karen have invested more than €500,000 to reinvent the adjacent block of empty commercial units, which now boast Aladin, a buzzing cafe and several thriving businesses.
After years of lobbying from locals, a new zebra crossing has also been put in place to connect the nearby car park to the new row of shops and cafe.
“It’s great news,” said Chug, “it’s nice to have the area buzzing again.
“We hope to see lots of locals pitching up for the car boot sales over the summer.”
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22