TERRIFYING images of the inferno tearing through Huelva have been shared hundreds of times on social media.
It comes after more than 1,500 people have been evacuated after a suspected arsonist began a fire in Moguer on Saturday night.
The fires are now burning in Doñana national Park, home to several endangered species such as the Spanish imperial eagle.
“We are worried because the impact could be huge,” said Carlos Molina, an ornithologist who works inside the reserve.
“Donana is probably one of the most important areas for birds in all of Europe, and we just happen to be in a nesting season for several species,” he added.
Molina said the reserve’s endangered Iberian imperial eagle should not be in danger, but the area immediately threatened is territory for the extremely endangered lynx.
Meanwhile, Junta chief Susana Diaz said there has been no citizen deaths and that ‘there’s no risk to the population’.
She added that fighting the fire was difficult due to hot, dry weather, with temperatures reaching 39C and shifting winds.
Emergency services have deployed at least 11 planes, 10 helicopters vehicles to battle the flames.
They are still being fought by hundreds firefighters.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22