It comes after a BBC investigation found high amounts of fecal matter in the ice of several UK branches.
Out of all the samples collected, seven out of 10 were found to contain fecal matter.
Costa Coffee España told the Olive Press this morning: “We are aware of the recent incident with ice in the UK and have taken the opportunity to reinforce our hygiene and food safety procedures in all our stores in Spain.
“We adopt industry standard cleaning processes across all our stores and use third party companies to regularly inspect them, ensuring we are operating to the highest standard.
“We have not detected any problems in our Spain stores but remain as focused as ever.”
Costa has since deep cleansed all its UK coffee shops and changed the way ice is handled with scoops stored outside ice machines.
Costa Coffee has several branches on the Costa del Sol, including in Marbella, Fuengirola and Malaga city.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22