MARBELLA and San Pedro are flying their LGBTI flags with pride.
The move was to celebrate International Pride Day.
It comes as more than a million visitors descend on Madrid as it hosts World Pride, a four-day celebration extravaganza.
Marbella’s Councillor for Equality, Ana Leschiera said: “The council is constantly working toward improving diversity with a specific team who aim to bring visibility to the LGTBI cause and fight against bullying and hate crimes stemming from homophobia.”
The Department of Diversity will display the flag until Monday.
The council also plan to replace the rainbow flag that has flown on Playa El Faro for a year with a larger one.
The mast will also be renewed and a plaque will be installed in recognition of the people who have been persecuted by LGTbophobia.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15