CALVIA council is determined to clean up Magaluf, starting with a fightback against prostitution.
The town hall has told six establishments they will be forced to close if they continue to engage in prostitution without the license to do so.
The places in question, Apple, Bar Kandi, Opps, Red Rooms, Bar Touch and Jagger’s, all have until August 2 to dispute claims.
If they cannot prove their innocence in these matters, they will be closed down.
“There is no going back now and we want to convey a clear message of zero tolerance towards tourism of excess,” said a spokesman.”
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15