ENVIRONMENTAL issues – and specifically plastic pollution in the sea – are at the forefront of islanders’ concerns in Mallorca.
The startling allegations regarding the molten plastic appearing along Palma’s coastline require urgent clarification.
At the moment, claim and counterclaim from locals and industry bodies have put this issue at the forefront for the fragile environmental.
But one thing for sure: this detritus has been littering shorelines around the area where the port construction is taking place for some time now.
And it did not appear there before.
It is now up to the authorities to get to the heart of the matter – and, most importantly now, to ensure the plastic mess currently lapping Palma’s shores is cleaned up immediately.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00