SPANISH police have been accused of going too far after allegedly beating British holidaymakers ‘for singing’.
Video footage has emerged of a policeman running towards clubbers before attacking them with a baton on Saturday night.
The film, shot in a popular tourist resort, clearly shows the officer randomly attacking teenagers as they took part in a group singalong.
Daniel Davis, 34, told the Sun he saw one of the officers ‘whip’ young holidaymakers as they stood in the road.
“One of them had a whip, it was shocking,” he said.
Daniel was exiting a pub in the Santa Ponsa resort, on Mallorca, when he witnessed the attack at around 4am.
“Kids were chanting in the street. All of a sudden a car was trying to get past and that’s when police arrived,” he said.
“They came running in and were hitting everyone, they were so aggressive.”
When police officers saw Daniel filming, they allegedly tried to take his mobile phone.
He says they made him delete some of his footage, but his phone died half way through, meaning some of it was saved.
“There is a massive problem over there. They do not like anybody,” he said.
“They were just kids.
“There were two or three that were hitting people. They then called for back up, but the crowds weren’t aggressive or violent, they weren’t actually doing anything, only singing.
“There were people walking past who were getting hit. It was so aggressive.”
“It was a massive over-reaction by the police,” he said.
“Girls were screaming ‘what the hell has just happened?’
“The policeman knew it was an overreaction because he wanted me to delete the film.
“He went pale when he saw my battery die because he knew he couldn’t do anything then.
“I hid my phone down my pants. I was worried they would arrest me.
“They didn’t ask any questions, just got out the car, then bang bang bang.
“I come to the same place every year and I’ve never seen anything like this before.”
Police have yet to comment on the footage.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15