ONE of Spain’s leading dairy producers has vowed to produce only organic, non-battery-farmed eggs by 2025.
Huevos Guillen, who provide eggs for Mercadona, has stated 20% of its eggs will be free-range by the start of 2018.
The company currently has about 5 million hens and plans to spends €60 million installing new equipment needed.
“Studies show that that birds are sociable and sensitive beings, but are forced to live in wire cages, without the possibility of ever seeing the light of the sun, or feeling grass under their feet,” said Animal Rights activist Javier Moreno.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00