A THREE-YEAR-OLD girl has been found dead on Malaga train tracks after going missing during dinner.
Lucía Vivar Hidalgo went missing on Wednesday evening while playing on a terraza where her parents were having dinner.
Her mother and father were eating in the centre of Pizarra when they lost sight of their daughter, who had been playing nearby.
The alarm was immediately sounded at around 11.20pm, triggering 600 people to frantically search for the toddler.
Police, firefighters and civil protection units and dozens of volunteers, searched all over the town in northwest Malaga, where the family lived.
Felix Lozano, the mayor of Pizarra, said the parents only lost sight of their girl for ‘two minutes’.
The toddler’s body was discovered at 7am this morning alongside a railway track, 7km from the restaurant her parents were eating at.
According to Spanish media, a train driver spotted the body and stopped the train to alert the police.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16