MALAGA’S international exports have increased by almost 20% in just one year.
In the first half of this year, the province has raked in €1.14 billion from goods sold outside the country, a 19.2% increase on last year.
It means that since 2007, Malaga has doubled its sales abroad.
If it continues on its current trajectory, it is expected to break all records by exporting €2.37 billion worth of goods by the end of 2017.
Foreign sales in the province continue to be led by the food, beverages and tobacco sector (€605 million up to June, up 17.7%) and consumer goods (€185.5 million up to June, with an increase of 44.2%).
The agro-food industry, which includes olive oil, meat and subtropical crops, broke the €1 billion barrier for exports for the first time 2016, surpassing 2015 figures by 21% and accounting for more than half of total exports.
In terms of consumer goods (including textiles), its export volume contributed another 14% to the total sales of Malaga.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15