THE EU’s chief Brexit negotiator has urged the UK to ‘start negotiating seriously’.
Michel Barnier said his team needed clarification from Brexit Secretary David Davis on key points as their third round of talks began in Brussels.
The rights of 1.2 million British expats, including 300,000 living in Spain, as well as 3.4 million EU residents in the UK are top of negotiators’ list of concerns.
Barnier said: “We need UK positions on all separation issues. We need UK papers that are clear in order to have constructive negotiations.
“And the sooner we remove the ambiguity the sooner we will be in a position to discuss the future relationship and to a transitional period.”
It comes after campaigners slammed the Home Office after deportation orders were wrongly sent to up to 100 EU citizens in Britain.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00