SPANISH and Moroccan authorities have broken up an alleged extremist cell in Morocco.
The six-member group, all of which were arrested, was actively training and planning to conduct violent attacks.
The details of their plots have not been released.
Five of the arrested are Moroccan and one is a Spaniard of Moroccan origin, according to Spain’s Interior Ministry.
The alleged leader of the cell, a 39 year-old Moroccan, lived in Melilla, Spain’s territory bordering Morocco, but was arrested while visiting the neighbouring country.
He is believed to have recruited youngsters at a reeducation center where he worked and used Islamic State group propaganda to train them.
Violent attacks in August claimed by ISIS killed 16 people in and near Barcelona.
Since mid-2015, Spain has arrested 199 people accused of links to extremism.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15