PROPERTY prices in Malaga are expected to soar by 5% next year thanks to increasing demand.
It comes after Solvia, the property division of Sabadell bank, forecast an average increase in house prices of 7.3% across the country by 2020.
Bankinter, meanwhile, predicts a 5% increase in 2018 alone.
Regions with the strongest demand and economies such as Catalonia and Madrid are likely to see the biggest rises and the Solvia forecast suggests increases of 11% and 14% respectively.
It added that sales are likely to be strongest in Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga and Alicante, where demand continues to be high.
Ibiza, meanwhile, is selling so fast it is becoming unable to cope with demand.
“Demand for high end residences on Ibiza remains significantly higher than the supply available,” said Florian Fischer, managing partner of Engel & Völkers on Ibiza.
“In addition, we registered a rise in average property prices in 2016,” said Florian Fischer,
Engel & Völkers brokered properties to buyers from 17 different countries last year.
The report reveals that Germans top the group of overseas buyers, followed by the traditional British, French, Swiss and Italian buyers.
It comes after Spain enjoyed a record-breaking July in terms of international tourism numbers, smashing all previous records.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22