KING Felipe of Spain has attended the Mallorca wedding of Martina Jáudenes De Diego, with his father’s alleged former mistress Marta Gaya also a guest.
Juan Carlos, who was notable by his absence when Queen Sofia holidayed in Palma last month, set tongues wagging after holidaying in Ireland with Gaya this summer.
Newspaper reports suggested that he had rekindled an alleged romance with the 68-year-old former flame.
It is rumoured that notorious lothario Juan Carlos, believed to have had hundreds of lovers, had an affair with Gaya in the nineties.
Queen Letizia did not travel to last weekend’s wedding, which took place in Palma Old Town’s San Nicolás church.
De Diego tied the knot with restaurateur Luis Abascal before a lavish party was thrown at San Carlos castle, close to the royal family’s Marivent palace.
Also among the wedding guests was Spain’s former finance minister Rodrigo Rato, who was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison after being found guilty of embezzlement.
Rato was one of 63 people convicted over the fraudulent use of Bankia company credit cards.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00