UB40’s Brian Travers is set to host an exclusive exhibition of his own art work in Marbella next week.
The musical legend will be presenting his best works at the Siroko Beach on September 26 in association with The Finance Bureau and Wow Organic.
Cava and canapes will be served while guests will have the chance to meet the man himself.
The prolific songwriter’s pieces add a DC Comics-themed, pop-art spin to influences from Jackson Pollock to Vincent van Gogh.
Travers, 58, previously said of his work: “I’ve been touring for so long I just haven’t had the time to paint.
“Dave then asked me to do an exhibition so I sat down to work in a little Cotteridge studio.
“I’ve been living with these works for nine months in between gigs – and it’s great to finally see them on the wall.
“I hope people like them.”
UB40, behind hits including Red Red Wine and Kingston Town, have sold 120 million records since they made their live debut at Kings Heath’s Hare & Hounds pub in 1979.
The event begins at 6.30pm next Tuesday.
Those interested should RSVP at email@example.com.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01