It comes after a scorching summer which saw temperature records broken in Madrid and Andalucia as the mercury rose well into the upper 40s.
Temperatures in the ‘fall’ are expected to be between 0.2 C and 0.5 C above average, and 1.5 C above average in the south.
There will also not be sufficient rain to compensate for the serious drought that is affecting most of the country.
Ana Casals, a spokeswoman for Aemet, said October temperatures between 1°C and 1.5°C above average are expected in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula, and between 0.5°C and 1°C higher than average in the rest of the country.
November has an average temperature of 9.9°C, with warm weather expected across the south and Andalucia.
A third of the annual rainfall normally comes in the fall, but forecasters are predicting an ‘October with less rainfall,’ especially in Extremadura and Andalucia.
However some forecasts show ‘more rain during November and December’ for almost all of Spain, with greater intensity in the northern Basque Country and the Balearic Islands.
Rosemary Botey, head of climatology at Aemet, explains that summer rains have not compensated for the accumulated deficit in the hydrological year (October 1-September 30), which is currently at slightly above 12%.
- EXCLUSIVE: Criminal gang ‘cloning expats’ car keys’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol with gadgets bought from China - 19 Dec, 2018 @ 14:57
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02