Despite a serious drought this year, the key wine producing areas have held up fairly well.
In Ronda, fears of a 50% drop in grape production, turned out to be just a 10% drop with a healthy 1.25 million kilos picked.
In the Axarquia, while the harvest is expected to be around 20% down on last year, the quality of the sweet Moscatel grapes is expected to be one of the highest ever.
In Manilva, meanwhile, its own sweet wine industry continues its renaissance.
The town once famous for its sweet wine now has a second successful tipple to compete with the celebrated Nilva wine.
The Chan de Rosas brand, produced by Hong Kong-based Premium Fincas group, is expected to double its production from 3,000 to 6,000 bottles this year and is a huge seller to the US and Brazil.
Mayor of Manilva Mario Jimenez praised the growth of the area’s local vineyards, adding that it can ‘provide a promising future’ for the younger generations.
Meanwhile, a local beer factory is celebrating its fifth anniversary.
The boutique brewery Gran de Select has grown from strength to strength since launching in 2012.
The tipple is described as the ‘Costa del Sol’s luxury craft beer’, and is used by some of the best chefs in Spain, including Michelin-star maestro Martín Berasategui.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23