Operation CARISMA saw 28 people arrested from an international crime gang dedicated to selling vast amounts of drugs across Europe.
Some 12 properties were raided, uncovering five tonnes of hashish, 300 kilos of marijuana and more than €500,000 in cash.
The operation began in 2015, when the gang was first detected in Malaga.
From there cops discovered two other branches of the organization in Granada, which were directly connected to the operation and whose function was to cultivate and process large quantities of marijuana that later transported throughout the national territory and across the continent.
The organization, which in Spain was run by a Moroccan origin based in Fuengirola, acquired the hashish by contacting suppliers directly from Morocco and marijuana with other suppliers who processed it in Granada.
Once the hashish arrived in Spain it was guarded in different locations in Malaga, waiting to receive large quantities of marijuana from the Granada cell.
Both substances were packaged, packed and hidden among legal goods.
They were either transported in trucks of a transport company linked to the criminal organization or in vehicles of a rental company owned by two members of the organization.
In total the operation has led to the arrest of 28 people of Spanish, Moroccan, French and Dutch origin, the seizure of 5,213 kilograms of hashish , 390 kilograms of marijuana, €522,410 in cash, a 45 caliber firearm, 19 cars, 3 trucks, 2 semitrailers and 1 moped, bringing the value of the effects seized to more than €10 million euros.
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40