The XI World Junior Padel Championships began with an opening ceremony on Sunday at the El Candado Club in the east of the city.
Running until Sunday, the world’s top boys and girls from each nation will compete against each other, with this year’s entries totalling a record 450 pairs.
Team GB will be competing in the Open Championships and Team Championships, against countries including Spain, Mexico, Argentina and Paraguay.
The junior team will be looking to keep their spot on the podium after finishing third behind Spain and Argentina at the previous world championships in Mexico two years ago.
Boys coach Mauricio Payne told the Olive Press: “If we can repeat our result from Mexico that would be great.
“These guys have been training really hard and anything is achievable for us.”
Padel tennis is a growing phenomenon in Spain and for expats on the Costa del Sol.
This year’s junior world’s has attracted big name sponsors, including Babolat, Adidas, PadelShack, La Reserva Club Sotogrande, Sotogrande International School, Bristow Property Group, Abbeygate Insurance, U-design, Tailormade Healthcare Solutions, and eZeCars.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16