THE cost of renting Ibiza yachts has plummeted in recent months, according to nautical officials.
Last year, 50% of registered boats on the island’s Captiania Maritima were for hire, according to Ibiza Nautical Association’s president Ramon Diaz.
And with the price of renting a 5-6 metre-long boat dropping from 700 euros a day to around 250, Diaz has demanded action.
“Because of the large number of boats, prices are dropping massively,” he said.
Diaz has called for additional mooring space to accommodate boats which have been bought.
The cost of mooring a 12-metre yacht in Ibiza is around €30,000 a year, he added, with the same-sized boat on the mainland costing just €2,000.
“We are the only island in the Balearics without a specific site for these boats,” he added.
“In summer, boats from outside Ibiza are moored in coves. There is interest in buying boats, but there is no mooring.”
Last month, the Balearic government announced it was halting an additional 2,000 mooring berths with fears over the environmental impact
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06