A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl has been found in the mountains with her pet dog after going missing.
Guardia Civil officers found the toddler hidden under a bramble while her dog laid over her to protect her in the mountainous Gil Garci’a area of Avila, south of Madrid.
It came some seven hours after a panicked police call from the young girl’s father at 19:20 yesterday.
The authorities began searching immediately after the father told them how the girl and dog got separated from him during a walk.
Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, Proteccion Civil and many local volunteers were involved in the search.
The discovery of the minor’s footprints on one of the mountain roads, several kilometers from the place of disappearance, gave searchers a clue.
After seven hours of searching the Chief Sergeant of the GREIM Guardia Civil of Avila and members of the SEPRONA heard the grunt of the girl’s pet and located the child huddled and asleep next to a bramble, covered by her dog.
The girl was in good health, except for a few scratches on her body, but she was transferred to the health services as a precaution.
Guardia Civil are probing the incident.
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47