The alleged assault happened at last year’s Sanfermines bull run in Pamplona.
The 18-year-old victim gave her statement to the court today after arriving at the Pamplona Palace of Justice at 9:30 am.
The trial is being conducted in closed chambers to protect her identity.
Over the next few days, some fifty people will testify to the court, including police, witnesses and psychologists and forensic experts.
The five defendants have entered a plea of not guilty of sexual assault, although one has admitted stealing the victim’s phone.
The five young Sevillians, who are in prison, are charged with crimes of sexual assault and violent robbery.
The Prosecutor’s Office is seeking 22 years and 10 months in prison, as well as €100,000 in damages.
The defendants claim the sex was consensual and are seeking a not guilty verdict.
The trial is scheduled to run until the November 24.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35