DISGRACED former Marbella town planner Juan Antonio Roca is to lose the crown jewel of his property portfolio.
The courts have declared the convicted fraudster’s La Loma property, in Los Alcazares, will go up for auction for €18.5 million, despite being valued at €27.5 million.
The sprawling property sits on 82 hectares – the size of 82 football pitches – and is surrounded by orange, lemon and mandarin farms.
The mansion is 1,200 square metres and comes complete with 10 bedrooms, nine bathrooms, three kitchens, an office, gym, cinema room, pool and the ever-essential helipad.
When police raided the finca as part of the notorious Malaya Case, they found bathroom walls adorned with Joan Miro paintings and the house dotted with pricey antiques and hunting trophies.
Many of those assets, in addition to luxury cars and watches, weapons, carriages, purebred horses, commercial premises and ship berths, have already been sold to the highest bidder online to pay for Roca’s civil and criminal liabilities.
The total value of all these assets amounts to an estimated €75 million.
The detached house, located in the urbanization Playa D’Or, in the municipality of Santanyí, has 482 square meters and comes complete with seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, two outdoor 30m2 pools and glorious sea views.
Roca has been languishing in jail for more than 10 years.
He was convicted of being the ringleader of the Malaya Plot, which saw 53 officials across dozens of Andalucian municipalities tried for embezzlement of public funds, breaches of trust, influence peddling and more.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35