A TEENAGER has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his father to death in Cadiz.
Policia Nacional arrested the 18-year-old a day after he handed himself into the police station in Sanlucar de Barrameda, covered in blood.
The youngster claimed he had returned home to find his father Antonio Rendon’s body face down and in a pool of blood, and that he was dead.
The agents rushed to the home the find the dead 43-year-old, who has two other children, had been stabbed more than ten times in the torso in a vicious attack.
According to police sources, the son, referred to only as A.N.C, was first viewed as suspicious given his delay in reporting the body to the police.
Then during the afternoon, when the family home was sealed, the young man appeared again at the police station.
He then began mixing up details of his original story, leading police to arrest the family member as the prime suspect.
Both the father and the son were alone in the family home at the time of the event, but officers have yet to find the murder weapon and have lost the bloody clothes the son was wearing when he first entered the police station.
The young man is expected in court tomorrow.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16