GUARDIA Civil have arrested 40 suspects in an anti-drug and money laundering operation covering Girona, Pontevedra, Madrid, Melilla, Malaga and Morocco.
Footage released shows cops raiding properties and uncovering 18 cars and 1.2 tonnes of cocaine.
The arrested include 34 men and six women of British, Spanish and Moroccan nationalities.
Some €13 million in cash was also seized while another 2.5 tonnes of cocaine were uncovered in Morocco, meaning 3.7 tonnes of the Class-A drug were unearthed altogether – a street value of €103 million.
Cops say the operation, run in conjunction with Europol and several other national crime agencies, has disabled an important criminal organization based in Spain and Morocco and which was directed from Venezuela by a Spanish citizen who is being hunted down.
A motorhome and three boats used for the transfer of the drugs were also seized.
The crime gang was able to move money by using people with limited financial resources and making them hide money among their belongings while travelling.
The investigation managed to intercept more than €4 million euros on flights departing from Malaga or Melilla to Venezuela, but how much they really got through is likely far higher.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15