THE Spanish national football team ran riot against Costa Rica in a recent friendly match at La Rosaleda.
La Roja dominated from the offset and were 5-0 victors, thanks to a David Silva brace.
The match provided some respite for beleaguered Malagueños, with local side Malaga CF rooted to the bottom of La Liga, with just one win so far this season.
The La Rosaleda was full and the atmosphere electric, as Malagueños got their chance to see some of the nation’s star players.
Benalmadena-born midfielder Isco received the loudest cheers of the night and a standing ovation when he was substituted.
There was even time for Garbine Muguruza, the current WTA world number 2, to visit the dressing room after the game.
‘Had fun watching this great team,’ she posted on Instagram.
The emphatic win for Spain against a potential World Cup opponent bodes well looking ahead to next summer.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33