The cash injection will see the production of canned Cruzcampo and Amstel beers.
President of Heineken Spain Richard Weissend announced the investment on Friday, alongside the launch of a limited-edition Christmas Cruzcampo beer.
Work will begin this week and is set to be completed in May 2018.
The new line will produce 60,000 cans of beer an hour.
Weissend said the investment will increase production at the site by more than 10%, ensuring the future of the Jaén facility.
“2018 is going to be a historic year for Heineken in Jaén,” he said. “The group will invest €6.4 million in a new canning line, which constitutes a firm commitment to a format that doesn’t stop growing.”
Heineken also has plants in Sevilla, Madrid and Valencia.
Some 1.12 million bottles of a special Christmas edition of Cruzcampo will be produced at the Jaen plant to celebrate 35 years of the beer.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22