A SPANISH photographer has won an esteemed international panoramic photography competition.
The Epson International Pano Awards received more than 5,300 entries from professional and amateur photographers, who sent in their best landscape snaps from 2017.
Out of 1,300 photographers from 71 different countries, Spaniard Jesus M Garcia was announced the overall winner.
It was his shot of China’s Damian Shan mountains that wowed the 13 judges and saw him clinch the $3,000 cash prize.
The competition also showcases the work of runner up photographers, who took jaw-dropping snaps of volcanoes, the Northern Lights and cities engulfed in mist. Runner-ups received $1,000 and professional Epson printers.
The total prize pool was worth over $50,000.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35