WHILE the season can mean colder temperatures and the odd day of rain, everyone loves a trip to the Christmas market.
And on the Costa del Sol, locals and expats are spoiled for choice.
From Torrox to Marbella, below are the best Christmas markets along the coast.
One of the most popular in the whole province, the capital’s market runs from November 24 to January 7 at the Pier One in the port.
Find food stalls, popup restaurants and more at the Plaza de la Constitucion.
Open from November 15 to December 14 (10.30am to 2.30pm and 5pm to 9pm)
This year’s Torrox market runs from December 5 to 10 (from 5pm) and from December 6-10 11am to 9.30pm at Restaurante Horto-Malaga
This is a one day event at the La Virginia on December 8
BENALMADENA TRADITIONS FESTIVAL
This too is a one-day affair on December 9, at Plaza de la Mezquita, Arroyo de la Miel
Running on the Avenida de la Constitucion from December 1-10.
In the centre of town there is a huge Christmas atmosphere with performances by choirs and nativity scenes and a Christmas concert, Christmas sweets contest and a Christmas market until January 5.
The start date of the market has not yet been confirmed.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22