SPANIARDS have been left fuming after a video of two bears being chased down by a car went viral.
Spain’s Brown Bear Foundation (FOP) has condemned the clip of two young animals, which appears to have been filmed in the northern region of Cantabria.
The incident was captured on video and posted online where it has been watched nearly 30,000 times. The viral one-minute video, filmed by the passenger, shows the bears being pursued by the car down the road linking the villages of La Lastra and Tudancia.
The car continues at full speed with its headlights on.
Está corriendo por las redes este vídeo grabado en #Cantabria. Cada vez es más habitual que se suba a las redes persecuciones como esta y desde la FOP insistimos en subrayar que esto es ilegal y peligroso.Es ilegal porque está prohibido acosar a las especies amenazadas.Y es peligroso porque puede generar accidentes de tráfico con vehículos que vengan de frente.¡Lo correcto es REDUCIR LA VELOCIDAD para permitir a los osos salir de la carretera! Importante: Cualquier comentario ofensivo será borrado.
Geplaatst door Fundación Oso Pardo op zondag 26 november 2017
The brown bears can be seen running in front of the car until one is chased off the road and the other continues on alone.
The foundation has also warned of the growing popularity of animal cruelty videos.
“Every day it is becoming more common to see cruelty like this on social media,” it said.
The pair behind the viral video has yet to be identified.
Brown bears can grow up to 2 meters in height and weigh between 85 and 115 kilograms, depending on the sex and lives between 25 and 30 years.
Around 240 brown bears are estimated to live in the regions of Asturias and Cantabria and in the provinces of Lugo (Galicia), and León and Palencia (Castilla y León).
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35