The woman, 37, left the youngest children, aged 6 and 8, with their brother, 16, in their UK home while she jetted off to the holiday hotspot.
She was rumbled when the youngest told a teacher that their mum had gone away.
The school contacted social services, but the single mum refused to fly back. Instead, she tried to put the kids with a woman who had been probed for child sex abuse, the UK’s Liverpool Crown Court heard.
It comes after the mum, who can’t be named to protect the identity of the kids, left her two youngest in a car while she visited a gym earlier this year.
Prosecutor Zia Chaudhry told the court the woman had falsely claimed that she’d arranged her friend to look after her children while she was abroad, but the friend had cancelled due to a bereavement.
The mum had created fake emails to back up the lie.
Judge Robert Trevor-Jones branded her ‘callous and self-centred’.
“You showed quite persistent failure to perform your parental duties and a breach of the trust, and you then covered it up,” he told Liverpool Crown Court.
“You were asked to come home at the earliest opportunity but you declined and remained until the expiry of that week, displaying callous, self-centred indifference to the position of your children — a thread which runs through this case.”
The woman, of Cheshire, in England’s northwest, pleaded guilty to two offences of child neglect and attempting to pervert the course of justice and was jailed for 12 months.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15