SPAIN’S manufacturing sector has grown at the fastest pace in over 10 years, lifted by strong output and new business.
Markit’s Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) of manufacturing companies stood at 56.1 in November, up from 55.8 in October.
The index has held above the 50 line separating growth from contraction every month since November 2013.
“The Spanish manufacturing sector continued to motor midway through the final quarter of the year, with output growth quickening to a two-and-a-half year high. Central to the success of the sector is firms’ ability to secure new business, often from export markets,” associate director at IHS Markit Andrew Harker said.
The output index rose to 57.7 in November from 56.8 a month earlier, Markit said.
Spain was expected to grow in the fourth quarter at a similar rate as the third.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16