THE Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf and Spa have been voted the best golf course in Europe.
Square Mile magazine awarded the resort as part of their Golf Awards 2017.
The magazine described the resort saying: “Beyond the ever-improving course, it’s the experience itself that makes this trip to the south of Spain worth making.
“It is the whole package that will bring you back to the resort time and again.”
The 523-acre estate, located in the rolling hills between Marbella and Sotogrande, specialises in in luxury golf getaways and the resort has picked up numerous awards this year, including being ranked in the best 50 hotels in the world by Condé Nast Traveler magazine.
General manager Rene Zimmer said: “Everybody at Finca Cortesin is striving constantly to deliver the ultimate customer experience to our guests and to be recognised in this way by a magazine with such a discerning readership is fantastic.”
The resorts par-72 championship course made headlines in Spain earlier in the year as it became the first to use an environmentally-friendly type of Bermuda grass on all its greens.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11