THE EU admire the Brits’ ability to keep calm and carry on, by putting the kettle on, when asked what their favourite trait about British people was.
Almost half of Germans, nearly a third of the Spanish and over a quarter of the French thought this was our best quality.
The survey of 2,500 people across the 27 member states and conducted by TranslateMedia also showed that six republic countries including Latvia, Bulgaria and Estonia loved our loyalty to the Royal Family.
Forming an orderly queue was cited by Spaniards and Italians in particular as an noteworthy characteristic.
The Czech Republic and The Netherlands are found of the fact that we love to back an underdog, perhaps something the Dutch in particular can empathise with having never won a world cup.
Perhaps the funniest response was from Cyprus and Portugal, which being among the warmest countries in Europe applauded our plucky spirit of sunbathing at even the slightest hint of sunshine.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00