THE Spanish royal family have wished their loved ones Feliz Navidad with their annual Christmas card.
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia stand beside their daughters Princess Leonor, 12 and Sofía, 10, in the latest family portrait, which was shot at the Royal Palace of Madrid on National Day (October 12).
The family stand gathered on the balcony overlooking the Plaza de la Armería, dressed in festive shades of red.
The note inside reads ‘Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018,’ with each of the royals adding their signatures.
The much-anticipated card follows a different format each year and in Christmas 2015 the royal couple did not appear on the card at all, instead letting their daughters take the limelight.
The previous year, the card featured two photographs captured in June 2014, shortly after Felipe took the throne from his father Juan Carlos. The images showed both the new King and Queen alone, with their daughters in the second shot.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01