The physician charged between €60 and €1,200 for the fake vaccinations after telling parents their kids were at a high risk of infection with diseases like measles and chicken pox.
One parent was scared into buying the jabs after the doctor, referred to only as Bernada, told her a child was dying in intensive care due to a deadly outbreak.
Bernarda worked at the Carlet medical centre and a private hospital in La Ribera de Alzira, both in Valencia.
She would charge much higher prices for the jabs than the pharmacies, even though the cost is usually covered by the Valencian authorities.
In total, she carried out 66 fake vaccinations and pocketed €12,743 between 2007 and 2011.
Most of her victims she had known for years and had become their ‘family doctor’.
She has been suspended from practicing medicine for two years, and has been forced to pay a fine of €600.
The judge is said to have taken into consideration the fact that she paid most of the money back and that she had no criminal record.
She will avoid jail time as her sentence is under the two years and one month requirement.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23