MALLORCA tennis ace and ATP World Number One Rafael Nadal has announced he will not be playing in the 2018 Brisbane International tournament, but remains confident and ready for the Australian Open.
Originally the 31-year-old was scheduled to open the season at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi, but postponed claiming he is still not ready after a ‘long season’ this year.
The Mallorca-born ace pulled out of the November ATP finals with a knee injury but continues to prepare for the January 15 Australian Open.
Rafa made an impressive comeback this year after numerous injuries, winning the French Open and US open, and finishing as ATP World Number One.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15