SPAIN has one of the highest amount of national and regional holidays in Europe.
So you’re not caught by surprise we have compiled this year’s list so you’re not left without food or supplies because shops may decide to close for three days.
In the calendar, green dots represent national holidays, meaning shops and services across the whole of Spain will be heavily affected.
The yellow dots represent regional holidays, such as Andalucia Day on February 28, meaning only shops and services in those regions will be affected.
See all regional holidays below:
February 28: Día de Andalucía.
March 1: Día de las Islas Baleares.
April 23: Día de Aragón.
April 23: Día de Castilla y León.
May 2: Día de la Comunidad de Madrid.
May 30: Día de Canarias.
May 31: Día de Castilla-La Mancha.
June 9: Día de la Región de Murcia.
June 9: Día de la Rioja.
July 25: Día Nacional de Galicia.
July 28: Día de Cantabria.
September 8: Día de Asturias.
June 9: Día de Extremadura.
September 11: Fiesta Nacional de Cataluña.
October 9: Día de la Comunidad Valenciana.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16