The battle was organised in the Fuensanta neighbourhood in Coin last night to settle a disagreement.
Family members arrived armed with knives and clubs and the brawl is said to have lasted for hours.
The two fatal victims had their lungs perforated before dying at a Malaga hospital.
Witnesses said they tried to burn down houses after setting alight cars in the streets.
Both family clans – believed to be known as ‘The French’ and ‘The mute’ are linked to drug trafficking.
Policia Local had to call in the Guardia Civil, which brought in 40 additional troops to help control the carnage.
A police spokesman described the situation as ‘very serious.’
According to municipal sources, the first warning was registered shortly after five in the afternoon.
There have yet to be any arrests while one suspect thought to be behind one of the deaths is believed to have fled.
Despite the arrival of Guardia Civil, at around 8pm there were new violent episodes when a group of relatives of one of the victims approached the Coín health center to try to take back the body, which caused another brawl to erupt at the health center.
Police had to close the center while patients were diverted to the Regional Hospital of the Guadalhorce Valley.
Two family members remain in a critical condition.
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50