AN orange alert has been issued for Ronda as 10 centimetres of snow is expected to fall today.
The warning is in effect until 6pm today while the snow will accumulate on areas 1,000 metres above sea level.
In the Axarquía there is a yellow warning from 6am to 6pm due to snowfall, which is expected to be especially intense after 8.00 today.
The accumulation of snow will be above 900 meters and it hailstones have not been ruled out.
In the case of Antequera, the yellow alert will be raised at 3:00 pm today.
So far the snow has affected several roads in the province: A-397, A-369, A-7307 and A-367.
On the Costa del Sol and the Guadalhorce, the yellow rain warning has been activated until 6pm today, with an accumulation of 40 liters per square meter expected in just 12 hours.
Showers may also be accompanied by storms and hail.
In the province of Granada, the red level is active on the A-4132, from kilometer 25 to 41 in both directions towards the town of Trevélez.
The driving of trucks, articulated vehicles and buses has been prohibited.
In addition, the DGT has specified the obligatory nature of the use of winter chains or tires.
Also in the province of Granada, the black level remains active on the A-395, from km 32 to 36 in both directions, at the height of Sierra Nevada, so it is impassable, according to these sources.
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54