THE hail and snow is causing major complications on Malaga’s roads.
The bulk of the problems are in the Serrania de Ronda region.
Heavy traffic is being reported on the A-397, which joins Ronda with San Pedro de Alcantara, and the A-367, which connects Ardales with Ronda.
At the latter, trucks, high-tonnage vehicles and vehicles without snow chains are prohibited from driving.
More specifically, on the A-397, the Guardia Civil is blocking off traffic from kilometer 17 to 11 in both directions.
On the A-367, traffic is blocked off from kilometer 27 to 25 in both directions.
Many other roads have been affected by the snow, with the DGT warning of severe delays on the A-369, MA-8301, A-7307 and A-367.
Emergencies 112 Andalusia has attended more than thirty incidents so far today due to vehicles becoming stuck because of the snow in Ronda.
From 9am to 11am, the Emergency Number 112 has attended more than thirty notices of people whose vehicles have been trapped by the accumulation of snow on the road network of Ronda, Parauta, Igualeja, Benahavis, Cuevas del Becerro and Alpandeire, among others.
There have also been warnings of roads affected by snow accumulation in Parauta (MA-7305) and Colmenar (A-A7204).
State of the road A-397 (Ronda-San Pedro). Video uploaded by María del Carmen Río.
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50