IF you have always hoped to snap your fingers and for food to appear then look no further.
Spanish car manufacturer Seat has teamed up with American upstart Saba to deliver supermarket groceries to the boot of your car.
In a test pilot in Barcelona, cars owners use the ‘Droppit’ app, a joint effort between the two automakers, to order food through a virtual supermarket.
Once the order is made, the owners drop off the keys to Saba staff as they can only make the order from two designated car parks.
Droppit then orders food from Deliberry supermarket and the Glovo courier company will deliver to Saba who then fill up the cars.
Droppit, available for both iOS and Android is part of an agreement signed last year to incorporate a digital marketplace for Seat cars.
“Solutions like Droppit are able to offer a personalised and valuable experience for the user as Seat continues strengthening its commitment to digitising the everyday tasks around the car,” said the head of Business Development of Seat, Arantxa Alonso.
In the future, both companies hope to develop technology where Saba employees use their fingerprint to access the vehicle.
CEO of Saba, Martinez Vila said: “Droppit is a big step forward in offering services and value for the customer to contribute new exciting technologies.”
The six-month pilot will be operating in the Pau Casals and Lluís Companys car parks and if successful, both companies hope to incorporate the app into other major Spanish cities.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11