‘Queen of Benefits’ Cheryl Prudham spent more than €2,500 on an all-inclusive trip to the Balearics using money that her ex-husband Robert Prudham stole in a parking meter fraud.
The 34-year-old, from Cheshire, has been dubbed the ‘Queen of Benefits’ for cashing in more than €45,000 per year in government handouts while buying luxury gifts for her kids.
Her ex-hubby Robert was sentenced to 14 months yesterday after admitting fraud and stealing from Meteor Parking Ltd between January 4 and February 12, 2014.
He managed to get the job as a money collector by lying on his application, saying he was of good character and had no criminal convictions, when infact he had 18 previous court appearances for 29 offences.
He stole coins and notes from station car parks across Kent, including from a hospital.
Using the stolen cash, Cheryl Prudham paid for the expensive family holiday to Menorca with regular deposits at a Thomson’s holiday shop.
She appeared today at Maidstone Crown Court by video link from Warrington Crown Court in Cheshire, where she now lives.
Judge Adele Williams said: “This offence was in my judgement motivated by greed on your part.”
The court heard how Cheryl Prudham paid an instalment for the 14-day £7,671 holiday to Menorca in Spain in 2014 with some of the stolen money the day after her ex resigned from his job.
The couple have spent thousands on holidays and designer clothes.
Robert Prudham was sentenced to four months imprisonment suspended for two years with a 35-day rehabilitation activity requirement.
Cheryl received a furious backlash after she appeared on Channel 5 documentary Benefits: Britain’s Most Shameless Mum.
On the show she bragged that her family was raking in thousands while splashing out on expensive holidays and designer clothes.
“I’m addicted to having babies and want to have another one soon,” she said.
“I don’t think it is anyone’s business – I can have as many children as I want.
“I’m claiming benefits that the Government have created for me.
“Why wouldn’t I take advantage of them?”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15